Friday, September 24, 2004

A sad day for Dutch folk music

Late yesterday evening the Dutch cult icon Andr� Hazes died. The word on the street is that he wasn't all that good, but drank a lot of Heineken. For those of you who have never heard of this hero, and I believe there may still be a few of you out there, take a look at a couple of the sites below and see if you can work out what's going on. www.andrehazes.nl www.andrehazesfan.nl/ Obviously they're Dutch sites, so using the Dutch I've picked up over the last few weeks and then using Babblefish, I've translated a choice segment from the fan site:
Turn Tuesday 28 September next at 11.55 all, therefore also the regional and rural radio and TV senders the number: SHE BELIEVES IN ME
I think we can all see the truth in that. Babblefish reliably informs me that the ceramics will begin at 19:30. Incidently, She Believes in Me was a documentary film about the great man's life. It's nice to see Guy back on the scene. I thought vandalising his site might get his attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home