Tuesday, October 05, 2004

A Little News

Well, it's been over a week since I last posted. My enthusiasm for this blogging malarkey soon wore off. It's harder than I thought. I really do have nothing of interest to say. Or to put in the public domain anyway. Today I thought I'd add a few links to some BBC news stories, as I often do, and because I can. Firstly, some worrying news about killer ladybirds from Dr Michael Majerus of Cambridge's Evolutionary Genetics Group. The bug (as the defendant will now be known) was seen on a certain person's birthday in a pub. Merely a coincidence or something more sinister? Did the birthday-having person invite this known danger to celebrate with him, or was the said birthday boy too drunk to notice a killer in his midst? Where is Sible Hedingham? Sounds suspiciously close to Frimley/Framley to me. As Dr Majerus quite rightly said "This is without doubt the ladybird I have least wanted to see here" http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/essex/3715120.stm In more worrying news, it appears that Wales has disappeared. Ladybirds are not yet suspected. I can't see how the loss of Wales couldn't have not been not on purpose. As MEP Glenys Kinnock said "the reality is that Wales is on all the maps that matter". Although she did then add: "in terms of getting substantial amounts of structural funds and so on ", so I don't know what's she's on about. Mr Morgan said "It's the way we use European money that's important. We've made a great success of that", which seems somewhat irrelevant. But good for him anyway. Lots of other people made jokes, especially about "putting Wales on the map". Good for them too. For the full story and picture (with a helpful picture to show you what Wales looks like when it's on a map): http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/3715512.stm Of course I have more links, but I leave them for now. It will give some to do if I get bored. And they're annoying difficult to access from this computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home