Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Navasota Not A Happy Bunny

I should really write something about this, but I won't. So there. Navasota examiner More importantly, Theo van Gogh was murdered in Amsterdam a couple of days ago, while my mum and sister were there. I don't think there's any connection. The murder is obviously big news here and has been on the six o'clock news and Newnight. But in case you missed it: The people here (in the Netherlands) are definitely shocked at the recent spate of murders. Most famously, of Pim Fortuyn, but also of several powerful criminals since then. Although these murders are completely unrelated to van Gogh's, it seems completely at odds with the tolerant Dutch lifestyle (not that they tolerate criminals). I hope they can maintain their libralism. On a lighter note, it appears that some Germans have tried to copy The Office. Will they ever learn?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home