Saturday, October 15, 2005

Kafka - Away From Here

Kafka - Away From Here:

"I gave orders for my horse to be brought round from the stable. The servant did not understand me. I myself went to the stable, saddled my horse and mounted. In the distance I heard a bugle call, I asked him what this meant. He knew nothing and had heard nothing. At the gate he stopped me, asking: 'Where are you riding to, master?' 'I don't know,' I said, 'only away from here, away from here. Always away from here, only by doing such can I reach my destination.' 'And so you know your destination?' he asked. 'Yes,' I answered, 'didn't I say so? Away-From-Here, that is my destination.' 'You have no provisions with you,' he said. 'I need none,' I said, 'The journey is so long that I must die of hunger if I don't get anything on the way. No provisions can save me. For it is, fortunately, a truly immense journey.'"
This blogging lark is a doddle [= So blogging is bloody easy], what with all the marvellous material already existing on the internet. Copyright, you say? Yes, I want to talk to you about that. Please come this way.... For the rest of you, a bow. I hope you start to realise how this log of the web is not just interesting and wonderful, but also a fight against the second law of thermodynamics. I do, because I can. I wonder what Kafka's blog would have been like...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home