Monday, August 16, 2004

Prejudice justified!

How often does a prejudice actually get scientific evidence in its favour? That is a question. Relevantly, I have only one prejudice: namism. This is an irrational filtering device which makes me think girls with certain names are always attractive, and though with certain other names are not. [There are names on which I am neutral and would therefore have to actually judge the lady in question on such criteria as looks, personality and whether she's run away yet]. And yet, this apparently-disgraceful form of discrimination could have an evolutionary basis: http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99996271 which therefore makes it entirely sensible and ethical, obviously. Beauty is objective, I tell you! I will win this battle to persuade you. Unless you have a beautiful name, in which case I don't mind what you think, just so I can maximise my chances of my genes carrying on. You lucky thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home